• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

he wont sign anything, can i use adultery against him?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chesh1regr1n

What is the name of your state? california

okay, im trying to divorce my husband, im not asking for anything but for him to pay the amount he racked up on my credit cards. the cards were not joint so i did approve the purchases under the promise that he would pay that portion of my bill. now hes trying to say that he doesnt have to pay me anything because it could have been a "gift" and hes also debating on the amount he has to pay. i dont think my demands are unreasonable because im not asking for anything additional. i just want us to square away any debts we have with each other.
its been eight months since weve gone our seperate ways, we are not legally seperated. now hes informed me that hes going to be a dad and thats why hes so concerned about his money. could i use this adultery as leverage? i dont want anything more than for him to pay for the things he purchased using my credit, but since he is being so difficult about it im trying every possible angle i can. so im in the dark about what my options are from here.
:confused:even though we arent living together can i use adultery against him?
:confused:how would i go about proving that there is in fact, a pregnant woman in question?
:confused:can the purchases be considered "gifts"?
:confused:if so how do i prove otherwise? (hes sold all of the items so i cant take pictures to prove they are in his possession)What is the name of your state?

SHORTY LONG

You could hire a Private Detective. I hope you made it so he can no longer
use your Credit card[]s. If you want a Divorce really bad, you yourself
go file on irreconcilable differences. I am not up to date on California
Divorce Laws, but part of me thinks it is a no fault State; not sure!

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? california

okay, im trying to divorce my husband, im not asking for anything but for him to pay the amount he racked up on my credit cards. the cards were not joint so i did approve the purchases under the promise that he would pay that portion of my bill. now hes trying to say that he doesnt have to pay me anything because it could have been a "gift" and hes also debating on the amount he has to pay. i dont think my demands are unreasonable because im not asking for anything additional. i just want us to square away any debts we have with each other.
its been eight months since weve gone our seperate ways, we are not legally seperated. now hes informed me that hes going to be a dad and thats why hes so concerned about his money. could i use this adultery as leverage? i dont want anything more than for him to pay for the things he purchased using my credit, but since he is being so difficult about it im trying every possible angle i can. so im in the dark about what my options are from here.
:confused:even though we arent living together can i use adultery against him?
:confused:how would i go about proving that there is in fact, a pregnant woman in question?
:confused:can the purchases be considered "gifts"?
:confused:if so how do i prove otherwise? (hes sold all of the items so i cant take pictures to prove they are in his possession)What is the name of your state?
It doesn't matter whether the items in question were gifts or not. You live in a community property state, which means that each of you are responsible for 1/2 of the debts accrued during the marriage, and you are eacy entitled to 1/2 of the assets. Therefore, he is going to end up owing you for 1/2 the balance(s) on the credit card(s).....assuming that you take it before a judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">