• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

he wont sign the divorce papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mademi3

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania
I was recently married (June 27,2004) I left my husband 2 months ago. I have since filed for divorce, he is refusing to sign the divorce papers, stating that "I will never be able to move on with my life". If I continue with the proceedings will the divorce finalize itself without his signiture? How long will it take. He is constantly calling me, following me, and showing up to places where my children are ( I have 3 children that are not biologicaly his). I just want this over as quickly as possible. Please help!!!!!

KerriGLPN

He wont sign the divorce papers

I am unsure in your state but here in Ga they just have to be notified either via certified mail or served by a police officer and have 30 days from then to answer or the court can and will grant you the divorce. If he is giving you all this hassle and you are sure you are not going to work things out sounds like you also need a restraining order against him! If you havent already you can pull up on your web browser the divorce laws of your state and do some research! Thats how I got mine completed since he refused to sign them and went into hidding! Hope this helps and good luck! Kerri

Ambr

He doesn't have to sign them.

You file for your divorce.
He is served papers.
You receive a court date.
He goes or doesn't go --- doesn't matter.

After court - regardless if he wants it or not - YOU ARE DIVORCED!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">