• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Ins. please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

incassable

What is the name of your state? CA

I currently have health insurance through both my own and my soon to be ex husbands employers. I am under continuing medical care and have nearly "full" coverage between the two companies.

My husband is seeking to bifurcate the issues of our divorce so he can return to single status.

Can I require him to either continue coverage through his company or supply other comparable coverage until and or/after all issues are settled?

I will be financially unable to receive the care that I need without this dual coverage.

H

hexeliebe

Can I require him to either continue coverage through his company or supply other comparable coverage until and or/after all issues are settled?

ANSWER: No, but your attorney can request it and the judge can order it.

Are you even speaking with an attorney during the divorce?

I

incassable

Yes

O.k. I know, I sounded harsh. I'm just very frustrated.

Yes, I have an attorney, however I come up with questions that I can't sleep at night over and I have to save them up because it will cost me a fortune if I call every time I have one.

I know it is common that a judge will order that insurance be maintained (just from my research on the web) however I wondered if having my own coverage would eliminate this possibility.

H

hexeliebe

Not if your attorney can show that cancelling one of the policies would endanger your health or safety.

Just relax. Nothing you can find out here will be any better than sitting across from your attorney and asking the same questions. After all, who knows your situation better, strangers or your attorney?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">