• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PGARLAND

I Live In New Jersey,and So Does My Estranged Husband. We Are Not Legally Seperated,but We Have Been Living Apart For Over 2 Years Now.
Can He Drop Me From His Health Insurance Even Though We Are Still Legally Married?

LdiJ

PGARLAND said:
I Live In New Jersey,and So Does My Estranged Husband. We Are Not Legally Seperated,but We Have Been Living Apart For Over 2 Years Now.
Can He Drop Me From His Health Insurance Even Though We Are Still Legally Married?
I don't know the insurance regulations in NJ, however I don't think he is supposed to do that. It also would be a foolish thing for him to do, because as long as you are still legally married he CAN be held responsible for your medical costs. That is one area of separate debt where a creditor can still pursue a spouse.

Kansas4me

In most cases you have to at the very least notify someone when you are going to drop them from insurance, or when you change power of attorney, beneficiary or the like from them. I can't say for sure in your state, but it is worth the time to call the insurance board in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">