• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deedee584

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
My husband refused to help me with health Ins premiums when I was put on disability during the legal seperation. The premiums ate up alot of my monthly annuity. Still he ignored. When he dropped me off the car ins. w/o telling me and I luckily called to check and found out and bought new insurance, I then dropped him from health ins because I could NO longer afford it and had to get a plan during open season High Deductable to cover my son. and have some kinda lid on medical costs , He had never contributed during marraige to any health costs. Will I be intitled to be reembursed? And how is this to reflect on me during divorce that I was unable to continue to give him health benefits and he ignored help and now has none.:mad:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What do your legal separation papers state?

Of course you are in CA so maybe you folks don't have a legal separation.

Farfalla

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
My husband refused to help me with health Ins premiums when I was put on disability during the legal seperation. The premiums ate up alot of my monthly annuity. Still he ignored. When he dropped me off the car ins. w/o telling me and I luckily called to check and found out and bought new insurance, I then dropped him from health ins because I could NO longer afford it and had to get a plan during open season High Deductable to cover my son. and have some kinda lid on medical costs , He had never contributed during marraige to any health costs. Will I be intitled to be reembursed? And how is this to reflect on me during divorce that I was unable to continue to give him health benefits and he ignored help and now has none.:mad:
Here is a description of legal separation in California. It almost like divorce in that it ends things such as community debt, community assets, etc. But you are still married … people get legal separations because of religious reasons, or to keep their spouse on their health insurance, and such things.

What sort of settlement does your legal separation documentation give you? What split of debts and property? What does it say about insurance, etc? It’s its not listed in that settlement your husband is not obligated to do it.

Why do you think that you should be providing him with health insurance? Do your legal separation papers state that you are to do that?

I posted the following link on your other thread……. It describes the basic legalities of a legal separation.

http://www.kinseylaw.com/clientserv2/famlawservices/separation/legalseparation.html
Did you really go to court to get a legal separation? I just wonder because it sounds like you have no clue what a legal separation is.. surely your attorney explained it to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">