• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health insurance coverage by noncustodial parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mglover

i am the custodial parent of two children. i remarried last year. both my current husband and my ex-husband carry health insurance on my two children. we have been debating with my husband's insurance carrier over who is primary and state law in Missouri mandates that my ex-husbands insurance is primary due to our divorce decree. my problem is this: my ex-husband won't provide me with any information about his insurance company or coverage. I did finally get ID cards for my children after asking him for about six months. my ex lives in colorado. i have explained to him that my current husband's insurance won't pay until they find out what my ex-husband's insurance has paid but he refuses to send me eob's from his insurance company letting me know what was paid toward individual claims. i contacted my ex-husband's insurance company but they will not give me any information about my two children because it is his policy and it might violate his privacy. do i have any rights to this information about my children? its as if they have no insurance! because i can't find out what my ex-husband's insurance company paid, my current husband's insurance company won't pay either! help! there has to be something i can do!

D

dorenephilpot

Sounds like your ex has some control issues -- and it also sounds like you should ask the court for a contempt hearing.

The court will make him provide the information to you and most likely make him pay your attorney fees to boot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">