• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

llbean

What is the name of your state? GA

My husband presented me with separation papers today. My question is if I do not sign them will he be granted a divorce anyway? I also don't agree with how he has me paying back the IRS for a debt we both incurred during the marriage. Should I be looking for a good lawyer?

Thanks. :confused:

LdiJ

llbean said:
What is the name of your state? GA

My husband presented me with separation papers today. My question is if I do not sign them will he be granted a divorce anyway? I also don't agree with how he has me paying back the IRS for a debt we both incurred during the marriage. Should I be looking for a good lawyer?

Thanks. :confused:
Yes, you need to be looking for a good attorney....and quickly.

llbean

How much time do I have to get an attorney? What are my rights if I think adultry is involved. Do I have to be able to prove it?

LdiJ

llbean said:
How much time do I have to get an attorney? What are my rights if I think adultry is involved. Do I have to be able to prove it?
I am not sure that adultry would even be necessarily a relevant factor. It isn't very often anymore. However the attorney you consult can best answer that question.

You need to be consulting with an attorney immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">