• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scottb6061

I am planning on divorcing and looked up on the tables that it would cost 1674.00 a month for 3 kids. Currently we are in debt up to our ears. I researched (I believe) that I would pay a % of the 1674.00 based on both incomes and I make more so I would have to pay more. The question is since we owe alot of bills how would that affect what I would have to pay and would it change the amount for the three kids. I would have to take on a second job just for me to survive. Would she be responsible for 50% of the bills. We live in Lousiana, Thanks

CandiceH

scottb6061 said:
I am planning on divorcing and looked up on the tables that it would cost 1674.00 a month for 3 kids. Currently we are in debt up to our ears. I researched (I believe) that I would pay a % of the 1674.00 based on both incomes and I make more so I would have to pay more. The question is since we owe alot of bills how would that affect what I would have to pay and would it change the amount for the three kids. I would have to take on a second job just for me to survive. Would she be responsible for 50% of the bills. We live in Lousiana, Thanks

The bills that you owe do not reduce child support. You can ask that the debt be divided in the divorce, making both parties equally responsible, etc. Do you have an attorney?

scottb6061

CandiceH said:
The bills that you owe do not reduce child support. You can ask that the debt be divided in the divorce, making both parties equally responsible, etc. Do you have an attorney?

no i do not, I make 56% and she makes 44% of the total income, I am assuming that I would have to pay 56% of the 1674.00 but I guess I am searching before I get an attorney to what degree I would be paying. If I had to pay the 56% plus have the bills I would be dead. I realize your not an attorney but this is new to me and I just want to make sure I can handle it, thanks for your response.

CandiceH

From the information you have given, it looks like your support should be around $854 per month. Are there daycare costs also? I inputted the fact that you are going to put the children on your insurance. Because of the income figures it does not look like she would be entitled to spousal support, but you never know with those things.

As for the marital debts, you can ask that you both be held equally responsible. Again, that is at the discretion of the judge. You also have to make sure that you protect your credit.

scottb6061

thanks candice, i appreciate that. One question I pay $1000.00 a month for private school. In your opinion would that be added on the 854 a month, would I pay half of the 1000.00 would she pay the other half?

scottb6061

Lousiana State : Question: My wife if planning on divorcing me and is meeting with a attorney today, my question is who pays for the actual divorce, the one filing or both of us even if I don't agree to the divorce?

LdiJ

scottb6061 said:
Lousiana State : Question: My wife if planning on divorcing me and is meeting with a attorney today, my question is who pays for the actual divorce, the one filing or both of us even if I don't agree to the divorce?
You pay your legal costs, she pays her legal costs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">