• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

woycheese

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca.
I have been seperated for 9 years and have not been able to complete my divorce due to my ex moving almost every month. I just set up a hearing for sept 17 and she just got on a bus and left for kansas. I have had full custody of three boys the entire time and she does not pay child support. How do I get this finaled? She has been impossible to find for years now.

garrula lingua

Make a list of your efforts to locate/serve her - you will need it to show you tried (due diligence) personal service and she is avoiding/unavailable (including efforts to locate thru relatives, etc).

If you know her address in Kansas, you can have her served; process service companies will do interstate service ...

Look up 'Service by Publication' ... start here:
California Courts: Programs: Equal Access: Instructional Materials: Family Law: Service by Publication/Posting

it's the court's postings on the subject.
That main section of the court's website has a 'forms' area where the judicial forms can be downloaded for free.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">