• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tsimon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas. I've been married less than 2 years, owned my house for 5, no children involved in marriage, no intimacy since last April, but once in June of 2008 just to see if there was anything left and found nothing there. My husband throws screaming fits at me in the car because he has me trapped due to the fact that I cannot drive (he drives me to and from work) and have a disability. I am tired of the screaming fits, also the road rage, and him. I have moved in my daughter's boyfriend (he drives) and now my son and his girlfriend are temporarily staying with me. I've dealt with constant mental abuse from this man to and from work, at home and all kinds of threats to my job, threatened to punch me, calls me at work to start problems and I told him 2 weekends ago firmly that we are through. I want a divorce! I've asked him to leave, he will not leave. What can or should I do to get him out of my house? I have not filed for divorce yet because I do not have the money, but working on this issue. He is using against me that he took care of me during my back surgery in April of this year and my breast augmentation August of 2008. What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas. I've been married less than 2 years, owned my house for 5, no children involved in marriage, no intimacy since last April, but once in June of 2008 just to see if there was anything left and found nothing there. My husband throws screaming fits at me in the car because he has me trapped due to the fact that I cannot drive (he drives me to and from work) and have a disability. I am tired of the screaming fits, also the road rage, and him. I have moved in my daughter's boyfriend (he drives) and now my son and his girlfriend are temporarily staying with me. I've dealt with constant mental abuse from this man to and from work, at home and all kinds of threats to my job, threatened to punch me, calls me at work to start problems and I told him 2 weekends ago firmly that we are through. I want a divorce! I've asked him to leave, he will not leave. What can or should I do to get him out of my house? I have not filed for divorce yet because I do not have the money, but working on this issue. He is using against me that he took care of me during my back surgery in April of this year and my breast augmentation August of 2008. What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
First, you can't make him get out of the house. You have to file for divorce and ask the judge for possession of the house. Since it was your house before the marriage, that should be fairly easy.

I think you really need to get your life together. You're in the middle of this situation, incapable of providing transportation (hint: lots of disabled people can drive and there are services in most cities for people who can't), yet you have to have a breast augmentation? Then you move in with your daughter's boyfriend and bring along your son and his girlfriend? Time to focus on what's important and start building an independent life for yourself.

RRevak

First, you can't make him get out of the house. You have to file for divorce and ask the judge for possession of the house. Since it was your house before the marriage, that should be fairly easy.

I think you really need to get your life together. You're in the middle of this situation, incapable of providing transportation (hint: lots of disabled people can drive and there are services in most cities for people who can't), yet you have to have a breast augmentation? Then you move in with your daughter's boyfriend and bring along your son and his girlfriend? Time to focus on what's important and start building an independent life for yourself.
As a physician in training I kinda looked at that with a hairy eyeball too :confused:. So you're disabled enough to be unable to drive but were healthy enough to undergo breast augmentation??? Huh?
I agree. Its time to step up, put on your big girl pants and get your life in order. As what M said you cannot just kick your hubs out, but you can make sure you retain the house once everything is said and done. But I just want to make sure i'm clear on this though, is the house entirely in your name? Also, you're going to need to learn that independence as im not certain you've been married long enough to gain any form of spousal support. Is your employment sufficient enough to pay for your household expenses on your own?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">