• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

darryle1435

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico. If me and my ex-wife receive a check with both names on check, and she cashes it without my signature. Can i file a complaint against her. Even though she gave me half the money, or would it be even worth it.

darryle1435

Ok, when you say it is done. No need to sue. Does that include no need for a police report, or even making a complaint to the bank she deposited the money in.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico. If me and my ex-wife receive a check with both names on check, and she cashes it without my signature. Can i file a complaint against her. Even though she gave me half the money, or would it be even worth it.
Please explain why you would WANT to make a complaint against her even though you got your half of the money? Seriously if you really tried to do that you would come across as a vengeful ex that just wanted to make trouble for their ex. Nobody would take you seriously.

Even if you could get someone to take you seriously you would have to prove that due to the divorce settlement the money actually belonged to BOTH of you and that your ex attempted to steal your half from you. In a divorce situation the check being in both of your names doesn't actually mean that you are entitled to 1/2 of the check.

If you were entitled to 1/2 of the check and her response to that was that she tried to get you to cooperate with cashing the check and you would not, and she finally cashed it by herself and gave you your half, then again, you would look like a vengeful ex.

darryle1435

I agree with what your saying. But this is my first marriage, and divorce. So I ask questions just to know. Not saying I would do it. But I could prove half the money belongs to me. Because I worked and she didn't that year.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I agree with what your saying. But this is my first marriage, and divorce. So I ask questions just to know. Not saying I would do it. But I could prove half the money belongs to me. Because I worked and she didn't that year.
I'll try.

SHE ALREADY GAVE YOU THE MONEY SO TELL US WHY YOU WOULD BE EVEN LOOSELY BE CONSIDERING "MAKING A COMPLAINT".

Thank you.

(Or are you thinking about telling the court that she didn't actually give you the money? Is SHE trying to accuse YOU of something? We are not dentists)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">