• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help being ripped off by X Husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slady111

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I am asking if I have any recourse at this late date

I was divorced on May 2002-in accordance to our divorce decree all assets of the house had to be sold and split. My husband asked during divorce if he could remain with the contents until the kids were grown and finished with school and house was sold. I agreed . Putting the noose around my neck. He defaulted and told me he wasn't going to give me anything..I owned a successful Antique Business and fully furnished a 5 bedroom house. My daughter pleaded with me not to go after him. Now they are asking for items that were supposed to be split and sold and items that were supposed to be theirs.

Bottom line he is keeping and selling all of them for himself. After this long of time do I have any recourse of the law? He feels he is above everything.

So unfair...it is 11-29-2016
3:39 EST Florida

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I am asking if I have any recourse at this late date

I was divorced on May 2002-in accordance to our divorce decree all assets of the house had to be sold and split. My husband asked during divorce if he could remain with the contents until the kids were grown and finished with school and house was sold. I agreed . Putting the noose around my neck. He defaulted and told me he wasn't going to give me anything..I owned a successful Antique Business and fully furnished a 5 bedroom house. My daughter pleaded with me not to go after him. Now they are asking for items that were supposed to be split and sold and items that were supposed to be theirs.

Bottom line he is keeping and selling all of them for himself. After this long of time do I have any recourse of the law? He feels he is above everything.

So unfair...it is 11-29-2016
3:39 EST Florida
File a motion to show cause and ask that he be held accountable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">