• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Challenge debt and assets division before final order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NotGivingUp2

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Oklahoma.

I am praying that I can find some answers and advice that will give me a fighting chance. Trying to keep it as short as I can and still give enough information.

A brief overview and summary:
**Divorce is still pending decree and final order to be submitted in less than 2 weeks.**

I disagree with the value and division of the martial debt and assets.

- I submitted over 130,000. in marital assets, 18,000. in martial debt with evidence or fair market values.

- She submitted 45,000 in marital asset, 49,000. in martial debt and her evidence and values.

- I requested 20,000 in marital assets and my fair % of debt.

- She requested all marital debt and all marital assets excluding the assets she agreed to give me.

-I was awarded
1) 6 items I requested as separate property that I had long before we were married.
A) 2 small pieces of furniture
B) blanket
C) bag of tools
2) 5 items of martial property.
A) Two of which I have never heard of or seen.
B) Vehicle that has a work lien (not included) (mine prior to marriage anyway).
C) A old row boat that has holes in it and unrepairable.
- I was ordered
1)to pay her
A) 7500. in alimony in lieu of property division.
B) 8,000. in child support and medical (not disputed)

- She was awarded
1) House and land
2) All household assets
3) Her pension & retirement
4) alimony, child support and medical (above)
5) full refund from 2015 tax return

- She was ordered to pay
1) 18,000 in marital debt

--not sure how she did it but
-She intentionally left off assets.
-Fabricated assets and debt

- Judge used her assets and values and I'm not sure how he could ignore mine with my proof.
- I don't understand how she got 98% of everything and I still owe her money

I really need help. I need to put a stop to this becoming final in hopes I can request they recalculate figures and divide things a bit more equitably. I feel like everything I have worked for the past 20 years (house, vehicles, retirement, savings and more) is gone with nothing to show for it.
ANY ideas, advice or information that can help would be very greatly appreciated.

**I do have a lawyer, long story but they don't really want to draw this out any longer, its been a difficult year. I do not have the means now to hire another attorney

NotGivingUp2

Yeah

Then there is no help for you. Sorry.

The way you beat this is you do keep dragging it out, scorched earth.
That's pretty much the conclusion I came too which is why I started asking around. That's also why I'm trying to do something before it is final if I can. They are literally expecting me to start completely over from scratch with no money or assets and in debt to her. It's just crazy how I worked my butt off my whole adult life and she can literally walk away with it.

What I was hoping was that someone could tell me if there was some kind of motion I can file to stay the final order and give me time to request the judge allow me to sell joint assets like he allowed her to get multiple new loans.
I just can't give up yet the injustice of it all is ridiculous and I'm to stubborn sometimes. Thanks for you reply and time though :)

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Oklahoma.

I am praying that I can find some answers and advice that will give me a fighting chance. Trying to keep it as short as I can and still give enough information.

A brief overview and summary:
**Divorce is still pending decree and final order to be submitted in less than 2 weeks.**

I disagree with the value and division of the martial debt and assets.

- I submitted over 130,000. in marital assets, 18,000. in martial debt with evidence or fair market values.

- She submitted 45,000 in marital asset, 49,000. in martial debt and her evidence and values.

- I requested 20,000 in marital assets and my fair % of debt.

- She requested all marital debt and all marital assets excluding the assets she agreed to give me.

-I was awarded
1) 6 items I requested as separate property that I had long before we were married.
A) 2 small pieces of furniture
B) blanket
C) bag of tools
2) 5 items of martial property.
A) Two of which I have never heard of or seen.
B) Vehicle that has a work lien (not included) (mine prior to marriage anyway).
C) A old row boat that has holes in it and unrepairable.
- I was ordered
1)to pay her
A) 7500. in alimony in lieu of property division.
B) 8,000. in child support and medical (not disputed)

- She was awarded
1) House and land
2) All household assets
3) Her pension & retirement
4) alimony, child support and medical (above)
5) full refund from 2015 tax return

- She was ordered to pay
1) 18,000 in marital debt

--not sure how she did it but
-She intentionally left off assets.
-Fabricated assets and debt

- Judge used her assets and values and I'm not sure how he could ignore mine with my proof.
- I don't understand how she got 98% of everything and I still owe her money

I really need help. I need to put a stop to this becoming final in hopes I can request they recalculate figures and divide things a bit more equitably. I feel like everything I have worked for the past 20 years (house, vehicles, retirement, savings and more) is gone with nothing to show for it.
ANY ideas, advice or information that can help would be very greatly appreciated.

**I do have a lawyer, long story but they don't really want to draw this out any longer, its been a difficult year. I do not have the means now to hire another attorney
Nobody can help you. There is not sufficient information here to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">