• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Don't know where to start..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

garrettdl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas. My wife and I have been married for 5 years. We have a 2 year old son. My wife wants the divorce. We started the paperwork 2 weeks ago. Trying to do everything civil. We each have our own lawyers. Last week, I received a text from an anonymous person with info that my wife is having an affair. I had my suspicions. The kicker is my wife and I work for the same company, she is the executive assistant to my boss. She is having the affair with my boss, which is her boss also. If this is true, this would be the 2nd time she has had an affair. She had an affair 3 mos. into our marriage that I found out about by an anonymous letter sent to my work. I should have run then!! By the way, I called the hotel where they were seen as a couple (with my son) and confirmed they were registered. Question..should I hire a PI to get positive proof...what type of lawyer would I need to go after my boss or to protect my job? Thank you for your advice!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

garrettdl

I will if I HAVE to, but I don't want to lose my job. I have worked hard to get where I am at in the company and I have been there for 4 years. My wife just started a year ago. I am very upset with what has happened. I am upset with my boss and my wife. There is a fraternization policy within the company. I just wonder...do I let it all go and hopefully she will quit one day and my boss will move on...or do I do something about it by reporting him and her.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I will if I HAVE to, but I don't want to lose my job. I have worked hard to get where I am at in the company and I have been there for 4 years. My wife just started a year ago. I am very upset with what has happened. I am upset with my boss and my wife. There is a fraternization policy within the company. I just wonder...do I let it all go and hopefully she will quit one day and my boss will move on...or do I do something about it by reporting him and her.
If you feel you must report it then report it. But proof will not impact your divorce. It could impact your career if you are wrong. And you could be fired for any reason unless you have a contract.

mistoffolees

If you feel you must report it then report it. But proof will not impact your divorce. It could impact your career if you are wrong. And you could be fired for any reason unless you have a contract.
Even with a contract, there are usually escape clauses like the company being able to fire an employee if they are not in line with the company's direction or something like that.

Bottom line, be prepared to lose your job if you report it - whether you're right OR wrong. (Depending on the company, there may be whistle-blower statutes that protect you, but don't count on it).

LdiJ

Even with a contract, there are usually escape clauses like the company being able to fire an employee if they are not in line with the company's direction or something like that.

Bottom line, be prepared to lose your job if you report it - whether you're right OR wrong. (Depending on the company, there may be whistle-blower statutes that protect you, but don't count on it).
It would honestly be best, for job safety, to pretend that you don't even know what's going on. That is difficult to do, but it would be protect you.

garrettdl

Geez..Thanks for your input. It is hard to stay quiet about it..but I know you are right. Appreciate the advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">