• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help, Ex Is Trying To Kick Me Out Of Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Camille1970

What is the name of your state?NV
MY EX HUSBAND AND I GOT BACK TOGTHER A LITTLE OVER 2 YEARS AGO, MOVED A HOUR OUTSIDE OF LAS VEGAS AND BUILT A NEW HOME TOGTHER, WE HAVE A 8 YEAR OLD CHILD TOGTHER AS WELL MY NAME IS NOT ON THE HOME, BUT IS ON SOME INSURANCE PAPERWORK TO THE HOME. ALL OF MY PAYCHECKS ARE AUTO DEPO INTO HIS ACCOUNT THAT MY NAME IS NOT ON FOR HOUSEHOLD BILLS, ETC.

MY QUESTION IS THIS, CAN HE LEGALLY KICK ME OUT OF THE HOME. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS? WHAT CAN I DO? WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP., PLEASE

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

Camille1970 said:
What is the name of your state?NV
MY EX HUSBAND AND I GOT BACK TOGTHER A LITTLE OVER 2 YEARS AGO, MOVED A HOUR OUTSIDE OF LAS VEGAS AND BUILT A NEW HOME TOGTHER, WE HAVE A 8 YEAR OLD CHILD TOGTHER AS WELL MY NAME IS NOT ON THE HOME, BUT IS ON SOME INSURANCE PAPERWORK TO THE HOME. ALL OF MY PAYCHECKS ARE AUTO DEPO INTO HIS ACCOUNT THAT MY NAME IS NOT ON FOR HOUSEHOLD BILLS, ETC.

MY QUESTION IS THIS, CAN HE LEGALLY KICK ME OUT OF THE HOME. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS? WHAT CAN I DO? WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP., PLEASE
First, do NOT type in all caps.

Second, when you say 'got back together' did you remarry?

Camille1970

Caps Lock Is Stuck, Sorry

No We Havent Remarried
Do You Know Of Any Rights I Have? I Would Really Appreciate Them

BelizeBreeze

Camille1970 said:
No We Havent Remarried
Do You Know Of Any Rights I Have? I Would Really Appreciate Them
YOu are a tenent who can be evicted. Unless your name is on the deed you have no rights.

Begin separating assets immediately by stopping the Direct Deposit.

Camille1970

But Doesnt The Direct Deposit Prove I Am Contributing To The Household?

Also The Reason He Trys To Kick Me Out Is When We Argue, He Says Get Out. We Have Been Togther Since 1988 And Were Divorced For 2 Years Before We Got Back Togther.

I Dont Know What To Do?

BelizeBreeze

Camille1970 said:
But Doesnt The Direct Deposit Prove I Am Contributing To The Household?
Contibuting to the household does not give you ownership rights.
Also The Reason He Trys To Kick Me Out Is When We Argue, He Says Get Out. We Have Been Togther Since 1988 And Were Divorced For 2 Years Before We Got Back Togther.

I Dont Know What To Do?
None of this matters. As I said before, because it is his home and because the two of you are not married, you are a tenent and he can evict you according to the Nevada L/T laws.

You have NO ownership or territorial rights to HIS home.

BelizeBreeze

Camille1970 said:
So If He Does Evict Me, I Would Result Back To Our Divorce Agreements? Such As Child Support, Etc...
YOu should STILL be collecting child support. If you are not, then there is no one to blame but yourself.

BelizeBreeze

Camille1970 said:
How Can I Still Be Collecting Child Support If We Are Togther As A Couple, Currently?
Because you have a court order for child support.

Why or how did you stop collecting the support? Did you mutually agree in writing? Did you get the court to waive the support? Or did you just thumb your nose at the court and tell him he doesn't have to follow a valid court order?

Camille1970

No, We Got Back Togther, Sold Our Home In Vegas, Built A Custom Home And Have Been Living As A Couple. So Since We Got Back Togther I Believed That I Did Not Have A Right To Still Collect Child Support.

BelizeBreeze

Camille1970 said:
No, We Got Back Togther, Sold Our Home In Vegas, Built A Custom Home And Have Been Living As A Couple. So Since We Got Back Togther I Believed That I Did Not Have A Right To Still Collect Child Support.
Listen camille, you are adding facts as we go and only serving to tell me you're not revealing all facts.

Take your situation, all court orders, all paperwork that you have and consult with a local attorney.

I can't spend all day here (and no one can) so that you can reveal every little facet of your situation.

As it stands now, with the facts that you have revealed, you have no ownership in the home and SHOULD be collecting child support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">