• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!! Is This Fair????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kathiincolo

What is the name of your state? COLORADO

MY HUSBAND FILED FOR DIVORCE IN AUGUST. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SERVED, AND HAD NO IDEA HE HAD FILED UNTIL 2 DAYS AGO. HE HAS KNOWN MY EXACT LOCATION THIS ENTIRE TIME BUT NO ONE HAS EVER SERVED ME OR ATTEMPTED TO SERVE ME. HE DID SERVICE BY PUBLICATION IN JANUARY. THE HEARING FOR PERM. ORDERS IS SET FOR MARCH 25. HE HAS ALSO FILED FOR FULL CUSTODY OF OUR 6YR OLD, WHO HAS BEEN WITH ME SINCE WE SEPARATED IN JULY 2002. I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO REPRESENT MYSELF AT ALL UP TO THIS POINT, IT HAS BEEN ALL HIM. HOW CAN THE LAW ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN. WHAT SHOULD I DO FROM HERE? :mad: :(

ENASNI

hurry up

Hurry up!!
Git Lawyer (as my favorite Judge is apt to say)

It may not be fair, but he did it legal.
and turn your caps off please.

kathiincolo said:
What is the name of your state? COLORADO

MY HUSBAND FILED FOR DIVORCE IN AUGUST. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SERVED, AND HAD NO IDEA HE HAD FILED UNTIL 2 DAYS AGO. HE HAS KNOWN MY EXACT LOCATION THIS ENTIRE TIME BUT NO ONE HAS EVER SERVED ME OR ATTEMPTED TO SERVE ME. HE DID SERVICE BY PUBLICATION IN JANUARY. THE HEARING FOR PERM. ORDERS IS SET FOR MARCH 25. HE HAS ALSO FILED FOR FULL CUSTODY OF OUR 6YR OLD, WHO HAS BEEN WITH ME SINCE WE SEPARATED IN JULY 2002. I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO REPRESENT MYSELF AT ALL UP TO THIS POINT, IT HAS BEEN ALL HIM. HOW CAN THE LAW ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN. WHAT SHOULD I DO FROM HERE? :mad: :(
Get a lawyer and tell the lawyer that your husband knew where you were since the day he filed for the divorce and see what the lawyer said.

- Tom

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">