• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help, I don't know what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.foote

What is the name of your state? Texas
I am in a very bad place right now and need some immediate advice, my husband is going to court for child support from a previous marraige, he may be put in jail. If he is I am wanting to file for a legal seperation, I am unable to live with his anger any longer, the problem is we have 2 children of our own, our oldest is 6yrs. old and was recently diagnosed with ADHD, ever since diagnosed his father has called him stupid and retarded, our daughter is 4yrs. old and has serious health issues, he is just mean to her, constantly yelling at her or threatening her he's going to punch her in the face if she's not quiet and so on, he is very verbally abusive to my kids and myself as well. I have to wait until he's in jail to leave because he has threatened to take my son and dissapear, I need to know how to handle this to protect my kids from him, is there a way to make it where he can't see the children without supervision or not at all until he has taken some kind of course, my daughter cries if I have to leave her alone with him because she is so afraid of him? I tried to leave him once before and he made life miserable for me and my family so I went back to him with the understanding he would take an anger management course, he of course only went to 2 classes and stopped and by that time I had my little girl and didn't want to go through it all again.
Please help me, I'm at a loss.:(

fairisfair

What is the name of your state? Texas
I am in a very bad place right now and need some immediate advice, my husband is going to court for child support from a previous marraige, he may be put in jail. If he is I am wanting to file for a legal seperation, I am unable to live with his anger any longer, the problem is we have 2 children of our own, our oldest is 6yrs. old and was recently diagnosed with ADHD, ever since diagnosed his father has called him stupid and retarded, our daughter is 4yrs. old and has serious health issues, he is just mean to her, constantly yelling at her or threatening her he's going to punch her in the face if she's not quiet and so on, he is very verbally abusive to my kids and myself as well. I have to wait until he's in jail to leave because he has threatened to take my son and dissapear, I need to know how to handle this to protect my kids from him, is there a way to make it where he can't see the children without supervision or not at all until he has taken some kind of course, my daughter cries if I have to leave her alone with him because she is so afraid of him? I tried to leave him once before and he made life miserable for me and my family so I went back to him with the understanding he would take an anger management course, he of course only went to 2 classes and stopped and by that time I had my little girl and didn't want to go through it all again.
Please help me, I'm at a loss.:(
Get out. Don't wait. If he is abusive then you are doing yourself and your children no favor by staying there. And in fact, during a custody battle, the court may well question why you would stay with someone who abuses your children and allow it to continue. Call a women's shelter, seek consultation with a DIVORCE attorney. And this time, stay gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">