• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help im leaving with my son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sissay

What is the name of your state? CA

My husband has been very verbally abuseive to me for years my son is 5 and I have multiple sclerosis, I haven't been successful at leaving yet but am making another effort now he continues to change his tune and make promises whenever I have tried to leave in the past, well now I am packing and have not told him were we are going only that it will be close so that he can see his son. But he is making threats and telling me that he wil hunt me down no matter were i go. If i don't stay close by. As I said I have MS and may require the help of friends and family at times. Of course that would require me getting closer to them. What would happen courtwise if i were to move out of state can he use that against me?

brisgirl825

Technically, you can leave the state. However, it is a VERY unwise decision. It could cost you custody, at worse, and at best, you will have to go back to Ca for court and pay for all transportation costs for your son to visit dad.
Do this the right way and get a court's permission to move. Retain an atty ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">