• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP ME! Please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stephaniebing

I'm a 17 year old female from Tennessee. My mother kicked me out of her house 3 years ago, and my father didn't object to her decision. I've since lived with my grandmother. I've never done anything wrong, I'll admit to back talking, and using a few obscenities now and then, but other than that, I've done nothing. I've never done drugs, nor have I ever drunk alcohol. Recently my grandmother made me leave her house, but then threatened me with the police if I didn't come back. I don't have a job, however I'm currently looking for one. I was wondering about my rights, if I have any as a 17 year old. I've read up on legal emancipation. My aunt and my cousin are willing to take me in, and since they are family, I think I should be able to live with them, and not be considered a run way. Can someone help me out with what I should do?

stephenk

Hmm, your mom kicks you out at 14, your dad doesnt want you to live with him and now grandma kicks you out. But you are a sweet child, right?

This whole time you have been living with grandma, was there ever a custody order allowing her to be your guardian? Does mom still have custody over you?

If your aunt and cousin are willing to take you in, go live with them. But change your attitude. you have already struck out twice.

S

stephaniebing

You don't know my parents. My "mom and dad" are both heavily dependant on drugs (marijuana, and any kind of pain pills they can find. Also my "mom" crushes my brother's medicine for ADD and snorts it.) I have never used drugs in my life. What knowledge of them I have is from hearing my "mom and dad" talk about them. I've been accused of being addicted to cocaine, marijuana, and I've been accused of being a whore. I went to the gynocologist last week to prove to my "mom and dad" that I am still a virgin. I am a sweet kid. My "mom" kicked me out when my "dad" was at work because I didn't wash dishes. (I was studying for finals.) My "family" isn't very religious, so I was raised in church. Recently I've started going to church with my friends, and thats when trouble started. My grandmother wouldn't let me go, so I didn't go. When I asked to go to a youth meeting at church one wednesday night, she told me "Take your things when you leave, and don't come back. Maybe someone at the church can find you a place to live." My "parents" still have custody of me. My attitude isn't bad. Honestly I have done nothing to deserve this. Is asking to go to church with friends too much for a 17 year old to be able to do? I'd think not.. ;\

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">