• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help, Need Prompt Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nan34

What is the name of your state? TX
I have requested your assistance before and I am very appreciative with the prompt and knowledgeable responses. My STBEX is requesting full custody of our 5 and 2 year old children. I feel that this is a tactic being used by both him and his attorney because previous to this, he had asked for joint/split custody. I cannot agree to the split custody because he works rotation shifts that would at times require somebody else besides him to care for our children (his elderly mother). I have a more flexible work schedule (8-5) and feel that I should have primary care of the children. We cannot seem to agree on anything and I truly do not want a jury trial. I had on a previous post mentioned that my STBEX secretly/illegally taperecorded 3-4 conversations I had with a male co-worker of mine and is using this as his main proof for his allegations (adultery). All other evidence he has to prove the allegations are all based on second and third party hear say. My attorney amended my original response to file a civil suit against my STBEX using the illegal taperecording as a basis. My STBEX's attorney stated to us that it was not wiretaping because my STBEX used a taperecorder and that my STBEX did nothing wrong by taperecording phone conversations that took place in his own residence. We know better. But, none of this seems to be phasing my STBEX, although I have said that I would proceed with Criminal Charges against him. In your opinion, what do you think my STBEX and his attorney are plotting now? I need some peace of mind. I don't know what to expect. I want to bring an end to this; but I hate this waiting game that they are making me go through.

JETX

"In your opinion, what do you think my STBEX and his attorney are plotting now?"
*** You know that without knowing ALL of the details and characters in this drama, there is simply no way that anyone on this forum (or anyone else) can 'devine' what, or whether, someone else may be 'plotting'.
There is simply no way to answer your question.

O

OnlyOneVoice

taperecorded 3-4 conversations I had with a male co-worker of mine and is using this as his main proof for his allegations
Don't sweat this one, it is inadmissable, even thought it was taped on his phone, he was not a party to the coversation, therefore making the taping of the conversation illegal. Also, if he is using this as a way to cocerce you into something this is also illegal. I would persue the taping of the conversation with the police and go from there.

Unless he has better evidence that you are unfit and an unsafe caregiver, he's blowing in the wind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">