• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

countrycowgirl1

What is the name of your state? kentucky

i need help very quickly. was married and technically still married. husband had filed for divorce, i had signed paperwork thought everything was completed. have lived apart for last 7-8 months in different states. the problem is this last friday i got remarried and i only found out that i was not divorced was when i went to get signed up for medical the same day, and after looking into it found out i was still maried. what do i need to do to get the marriage from friday annuled, can i do that. then can i file for divorce in the state i am living in.. i need help and am scared to death**************.

LdiJ

countrycowgirl1 said:
What is the name of your state? kentucky

i need help very quickly. was married and technically still married. husband had filed for divorce, i had signed paperwork thought everything was completed. have lived apart for last 7-8 months in different states. the problem is this last friday i got remarried and i only found out that i was not divorced was when i went to get signed up for medical the same day, and after looking into it found out i was still maried. what do i need to do to get the marriage from friday annuled, can i do that. then can i file for divorce in the state i am living in.. i need help and am scared to death**************.
Hon, you have already made a mess of things...you need to get yourself an attorney to undo the mess.

countrycowgirl1

can u please tell me something

i am scared. i am going to call a lawyer tommorrow....can i get it annuled, is it valid marriage. is this going to be super expensive to fix.....

LdiJ

countrycowgirl1 said:
i am scared. i am going to call a lawyer tommorrow....can i get it annuled, is it valid marriage. is this going to be super expensive to fix.....
There is no need to be scared. You made a big mistake but its a fixable one. As long as the guy you married on Friday will cooperate with an annulment...then the cost shouldn't be outrageous. Its good that you figured things out so quickly. That helps.

countrycowgirl1

it is not a problem at all, we both agreed that is the best action. i was completley shocked to find out i was not divorced. after we do the annulment, then can i file for divorce with first spouse in the same state. i know things are a big mess but then how long do i have to wait to get married again to the man i married on friday. is there a time limit i have to wait.

countrycowgirl1

are annulment usually expensive. i know a simplified divorce in ky is about 300.00 so i am not sure how much it would be for an annulment.

LdiJ

I really can't guess how much an attorney would charge to file the paperwork...however, it shouldn't be too outrageous. It will take some time to get your divorce....it depends on the waiting period in your state and how backed up the courts are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">