• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help: Oklahoma steps in filing Divorce (by Publication)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jodie104

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Can someone help me in the steps to filing my divorce? This is what I think I need to do......but unsure if this is exactly what I need to do......... Can someone clarify these steps to me...

ANY & ALL HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!
JH

1. Sign the following papers in front of a notary. 3 Petitions

2. Take all papers (including a returned certified letter that I mailed to last known address to file with papers) to the County Courthouse in the county that I live in and Give to Clerk. *Ask for Affidavit that Party’s Address is Unknown. Complete and sign this Affidavit form and give it to the Clerk of Court along with my papers, which I think is the following---THIS IS WHERE I AM HAVING PROBLEMS:

3 Petitions
3 Decrees
Returned Certified letter
Affidavit that Party’s Address is Unknown
Service of Summons by publication

Court Clerk will stamp and file all papers and return to me the following papers

2 Petitions
3 Decrees
Service of Summons by publication

3. Take the SERVICE OF SUMMONS BY PUBLICATION to the newspaper office.

4. This notice must be published once a week for 3 consecutive weeks in the newspaper. When the publication has been completed by the newspaper, I will receive an Affidavit of Publication from them. I must file the Affidavit of Publication with the Court Clerk.

NOTE: If the Affidavit of Publication is not filed within 30 days after the petition is filed my petition will be dismissed.

5. Once the Court Clerk has received my Affidavit of Publication, I will be eligible to see the Judge for her/him to sign my papers.

I need to ask the court clerk when I file on when to go back to the courthouse for the Judge to sign your Decrees. (I'll have to schedule a date).

6. Go by the Court Clerk’s office to pick up my file when I go back to the courthouse to see the Judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">