• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help please asap!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shoran1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

please help me, i have been seperated from my husband for 5 months, we have 4 children and we currently share custody. we have not gotten a seperation agreement yet because he won't agree to anything in it. his view is, i left i get nothing....

today he took my car that was agreed that i would keep and he would continue paying for if i settled for a lower childsupport payment... which i agreed to because i needed the car. now he has my car, that is in both of our names, as well as his brand new car, all of my belongings that were in the car to include my purse money bank items, children's carseats and belongings... i have called the police but they say there is nothing i can do because the vehicle is in both names... what about my belongings??? that is my property not his...

please help to tell me what options i have

mistoffolees

please help me, i have been seperated from my husband for 5 months, we have 4 children and we currently share custody. we have not gotten a seperation agreement yet because he won't agree to anything in it. his view is, i left i get nothing....

today he took my car that was agreed that i would keep and he would continue paying for if i settled for a lower childsupport payment... which i agreed to because i needed the car. now he has my car, that is in both of our names, as well as his brand new car, all of my belongings that were in the car to include my purse money bank items, children's carseats and belongings... i have called the police but they say there is nothing i can do because the vehicle is in both names... what about my belongings??? that is my property not his...

You need to find an attorney and file for temporary custody, possession of the car, and temporary support.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Why did you leave your valuables in the car? All you can do is file for divorce as Misty suggested. (Sidenote: Sorry Misty -- even with the dang soundtrack I can't spell your name. I just keep remembering Play Misty for Me.) The car is marital property and belongs to both of you. You don't get to settle for lower child support in exchange for property. A court would crucify the two of you for that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">