• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help pleaseeeeeeeeee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

humanpin

What is the name of your state? georgia

i hope sum1 can give me any adive here...im doin a self do divorce all very amicable we both cant wait for it to be done!!..but its taking months n months ...theres no property ..no children ...no nothing...yet i filed in july 04 and am still waiting...why??? courts keep fobbin me off with this n that excuse...back log n back log n no judge in court?????..hmm...thing is i need to leave to go England my now gf is there and is goin through terrible times right now but i cant leave again bcos idont know wen date is gona come
is this normal to take so long? :(

rmet4nzkx

Georgia does not have a simplified divorce available, so it will take what time the courts take. If you filled out the papers like you posted here the judge might not be sure what you want or that you are competent to do this on your own. I suggest that you consult an attorney who can represent you in your absense if necessary. If you can afford to go to England with another GF then you can afford an attorney for an uncomplicated divorce. Don't get married until you have the final decree in hand.

humanpin

im confused

Georgia
ok its a lil confusing now....my gf is in England and is goin through health problems that i need to be there for...but of corse i needto finish up this stuff here...my soon to be ( hopefully!!) ex wife...also is wanting this divorce asap..
any money i do have of corse wud be spent sorting this divorce out first...but we was told it was all okay n straight forward n was on the judges desk...that was sept... :confused: i just dont know how much longer i should be waiting as this is very urgent or anything else i can do to hurty this up for all parties involved
thanks for your help tho n advise is very much appreciated !!

humanpin

ok well ive been back n his secretary sed its just back logs...for 9 months? so im goin tew see my lawyer...who i havent used for this case but for previous medical stuff ive rang her n shes told me to go in and see her so im on my way there..
many thanks tho for help and will keep u updated :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">