• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help removing a suspended attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Carissaprice

I'll make this short and sweet.

I hired an attorney in 2010 to divorce me. In the last 5 years he has strung me along. Not returning phone calls or emails. He never did finish my case. I just found out today he was suspended from the Bar. I need to get him on my case and finish it myself as I do not want to pay another attorney. How do I get him removed?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I'll make this short and sweet.

I hired an attorney in 2010 to divorce me. In the last 5 years he has strung me along. Not returning phone calls or emails. He never did finish my case. I just found out today he was suspended from the Bar. I need to get him on my case and finish it myself as I do not want to pay another attorney. How do I get him removed?
He is supposed to inform the court of his suspension. But you can do so by filing a motion. When did he file the paperwork and notice of appearance?

Go to your local courthouse and visit the Family Law Facilitator's office there. They should be able to give you some assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">