• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Seperation & Adultrey

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hnicole

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I have been separated from my husband for 8 months and I have since seperation starting dating a guy. Is it still considered adultery in Ohio if you are separated and living apart? Can it be held against me if he decides to take me to court and will it hurt anything with what the court would decide with my kids?

Bali Hai

I have been separated from my husband for 8 months and I have since seperation starting dating a guy. Is it still considered adultery in Ohio if you are separated and living apart? Can it be held against me if he decides to take me to court and will it hurt anything with what the court would decide with my kids?
Yes****************************..

LdiJ

I hope that Ohiogal will chime in on this one, but if my memory serves me correctly Ohio is not a "fault" state, therefore it shouldn't be an issue.

However, in general its not wise to date when you are still married, and even less wise to involve your children with people you are "dating", when you are still legally married.

Just Blue

I hope that Ohiogal will chime in on this one, but if my memory serves me correctly Ohio is not a "fault" state, therefore it shouldn't be an issue.

However, in general its not wise to date when you are still married, and even less wise to involve your children with people you are "dating", when you are still legally married.
Yes, showing your children that it is okay to be married to one man and "dating" another is not a good thing! And of course you shouldn't have him sleeping over if the children are there.;)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Ohio is a no-fault state and judges prefer to grant divorces for no fault reasons (i.e. living separate and apart for more than a year and incompatiability unless denied).
HOWEVER, with that being said, courts have been known to restrict parents from bringing children around paramours or alleged paramours and enforcing that. If you do that in violation of a court's order you can face losing custody because if you are not going to follow a court's temporary orders why would you follow the permanent ones?

Just Blue

Is that legal or moral advice in this particular case??
Well, before OG answered, I would have said possibly both! But it is just moral advice in this case!! Although one could argue that having strange men around your children wouldn't be in their best interest, and could affect her custody battle! ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">