• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with some questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xterra

Hello,

I'm getting ready to go through a divorce. We purchased a house in March of 2001 and we have a 2 year payoff penalty on it. After divorce, with child support, I will not be able to afford the monthly payments on the house. There is a new sub division right across the street with homes buy the same builder, so chances are I wouldn't be able to sell the house for what I need (with penalty and all). What options do I have. Is bankruptcy the only thing I can do? If so, what flavor of bankruptcy would be best (if there is such a thing).

Thank you for any advice, comments, or other...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You said:

xterra

Help with some questions
Hello,

I'm getting ready to go through a divorce. We purchased a house in March of 2001 and we have a 2 year payoff penalty on it. After divorce, with child support, I will not be able to afford the monthly payments on the house. There is a new sub division right across the street with homes buy the same builder, so chances are I wouldn't be able to sell the house for what I need (with penalty and all). What options do I have. Is bankruptcy the only thing I can do? If so, what flavor of bankruptcy would be best (if there is such a thing).

Thank you for any advice, comments, or other...

I have two bits of advice:

1. "PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR STATE BECAUSE LAWS VARY FROM STATE TO STATE." (It's in RED letters);

2. Yours is mainly a Bankruptcy question. Please post to that law board.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">