• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help wife is out of control

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

opfrank

Hi,
We live in Florida. My wife and I are on the verge of a divorce. She has a serious prescription pill and alcohol addiction and she also smokes pot. As of the last 3 weeks she started hanging out with a crowd that is into some other drugs like ecstasy and who knows what else. She leaves at all hours of the night and we may not see her till the next afternoon. She constantly shows signs of being under the influence and is very angry with everyone including out two kids ( 7 & 9 ). Things have never been this bad and I am though. I have an appointment with an attorney two weeks from now, however I might not have that much time.
My question is what (if anything) can I do to stop her (she is 35), or how can I get her out of the house so that our kids don't have to witness this any longer?
Thanks, F

LdiJ

Hi,
We live in Florida. My wife and I are on the verge of a divorce. She has a serious prescription pill and alcohol addiction and she also smokes pot. As of the last 3 weeks she started hanging out with a crowd that is into some other drugs like ecstasy and who knows what else. She leaves at all hours of the night and we may not see her till the next afternoon. She constantly shows signs of being under the influence and is very angry with everyone including out two kids ( 7 & 9 ). Things have never been this bad and I am though. I have an appointment with an attorney two weeks from now, however I might not have that much time.
My question is what (if anything) can I do to stop her (she is 35), or how can I get her out of the house so that our kids don't have to witness this any longer?
Thanks, F
You need to find an attorney who can see you much more quickly than that, and who will be prepared to take immediate action to get you temporary custody, and temporary possession of the marital home.

opfrank

Thanks for the quick response, I have called the attorney and managed to get a new appointment for next week. I think I can manage till then.
What are the things I can be doing in the meantime that will help with custody down the road? There is no way my wife can take care of the kids in the shape she is in now, and her recovery will be difficult, however I know the courts need solid facts when deciding custody.
Thanks, F

LdiJ

Thanks for the quick response, I have called the attorney and managed to get a new appointment for next week. I think I can manage till then.
What are the things I can be doing in the meantime that will help with custody down the road? There is no way my wife can take care of the kids in the shape she is in now, and her recovery will be difficult, however I know the courts need solid facts when deciding custody.
Thanks, F
There is nothing that you can do in advance. Its all going to be decided based on the facts and circumstances that exist at the time.

opfrank

Well, I am very happy to report that my out of control wife had been busted for DUI and blew twice the legal limit. She has pleaded guilty to the charge and after being released last evening, she has been staying at her parents. There is a GOD. I am seeing an attorney on Tuesday and let the games begin....
F

LdiJ

Well, I am very happy to report that my out of control wife had been busted for DUI and blew twice the legal limit. She has pleaded guilty to the charge and after being released last evening, she has been staying at her parents. There is a GOD. I am seeing an attorney on Tuesday and let the games begin....
F
Just keep in mind that there is at least a slim chance that the games won't have to begin, that this may be the wakeup call that your wife needed, to get help. Don't let that slow you down in doing what you need to do to protect your children, but don't completely write your wife off either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">