• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He's been gone 4 years, now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

runbaby

What is the name of your state? california

I got married in 2002 to a guy I knew for three years. one day he left for work and never came home. I have been trying to find him but am having no luck. He's doesn't know his daughter and I am ready to move on...

ceara19

runbaby said:
What is the name of your state? california

I got married in 2002 to a guy I knew for three years. one day he left for work and never came home. I have been trying to find him but am having no luck. He's doesn't know his daughter and I am ready to move on...
Did you ever file a missing persons report? If so, what was the outcome?

runbaby

not a missing persons report. he visited his mother shortly after so i know he was ok. But he never contacted me after he took off and it seems that he and his mother have both vanished!

justalayman

Well what do you want to do. If you want to move on without him, I would contact an attorney and file for divorce.

justalayman

Are you planning on getting an attorney? They will know or research the proper procedure for your state. Often these things are done by publication if the other half cannot be found.

ceara19

runbaby said:
not a missing persons report. he visited his mother shortly after so i know he was ok. But he never contacted me after he took off and it seems that he and his mother have both vanished!
You need to go ahead and do this now. It will make the divorce go much more smoothly, because you made a good faith effort to locate him

LdiJ

ceara19 said:
You need to go ahead and do this now. It will make the divorce go much more smoothly, because you made a good faith effort to locate him
She can't file a missing person's report 4 years after the fact. It also has nothing to do with making a good faith effort to find him.

Plain and simple....she needs to get herself an attorney to handle the divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">