• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's back to court we go!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DeeDith

hello, i'm in alabama. we've been divorced 2 years. we own a home that was to be put on the open market and if not sold within 6 months put on the public auction and sold. The ex was to then purchase another, less expensive home and pay a certain sum toward the mortgage for 11 years. At the end of 11 years the home and all interest would revert to me. This is all plainly stated in the divorce decree. It's been over 2 years, the house did not sell on open market and he has refused to put it on public auction. what are my chances of...

1. winning this battle if i take him back to court and forcing the sell of the house on the public auction.

2. getting reimbursed for the 2 years of equity he has cost me in mortgage payments on the less expensive home he was to buy.

he is hard enough to deal with in every day life. taking him to court over this is only going to anger him and make life more miserable. if my chances of winning are slim it wouldn't be worth the hassle it would cause. thank you!
DeeDith

D

DeeDith

Moving it up in hopes that someone will give me some advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">