• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiring a different lawyer while pending...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mthjp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tx

My divorce has been pending for year now because her lawyer wouldnt finish some paper work. I need to modify it because I now have the kids and the situation is different.

Do I have all rights to obtain my file from my lawyer and hire someone else? I have a feeling there gonna beat aroudn the bush and say I cant have it or something.

I talked to a lawyer earlier and he said I did have a right to get the file. I need to do a counterpostion?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tx

My divorce has been pending for year now because her lawyer wouldnt finish some paper work. I need to modify it because I now have the kids and the situation is different.

Do I have all rights to obtain my file from my lawyer and hire someone else? I have a feeling there gonna beat aroudn the bush and say I cant have it or something.

I talked to a lawyer earlier and he said I did have a right to get the file. I need to do a counterpostion?
You have the right to a copy of the file. Your attorney has the right to charge a small copying fee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">