• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hiring a lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

forestlady

What is the name of your state? Ohio. As I keep thinking about a divorce I am wondering how do you hire and pay a lawyer's expenses when you are a dependent spouse without an income and the husband earns all the money to pay for a lawyer for himself? Do divorce lawyers do this on a contingency type basis building their fees into the outcome for the dependent spouse's settlement figure? How do you find such a lawyer?

J

JoeJoeB

Im wondering the same thing

I am totally dependent on my spouse and desperately want a divorce . I am from rhode island and i have been turned down by over 4 Lawyers and even hung up on with a mere " Good Luck" I called the RI Bar Association they will only help me if I am physically abused ..........and get a restraining order I also called Legal Aid and I got from them I would again have to be abused fear for my life move out and take my child to a Shelter for woman ( which I refuse to pull my child outta her home) and the waiting list for legal help is like 3 years long. Personally I cant wait that long. I am very hurt and very sad that woman who are being controlled and want out to make a good life cannot get the help needed...........

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">