• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home sale help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vasoccer

What is the name of your state? VA
I bought a home with my first wife almost twenty years ago. We had four children. My first wife past away. I remarried a year ago to a woman with one child. She refuses to leave, but continually is verbal abusive to me and my children. The house is solely in my name. Can I sell the house to make her move?

Last edited:

Vasoccer

I can't evict her. divorec is on my mind and in process, but in VA you must be seperated or go through courts. We all know this takes time. My four children are the most important thing to me and I don't want her to be able to treat them this way. We have had to go to a hotel on many nights.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I can't evict her. divorec is on my mind and in process, but in VA you must be seperated or go through courts. We all know this takes time. My four children are the most important thing to me and I don't want her to be able to treat them this way. We have had to go to a hotel on many nights.
Ask for temp orders giving you sole possession of the house.

Vasoccer

I can't evict her. divorce is on my mind and in process, but in VA you must be seperated or go through courts. We all know this takes time. My four children are the most important thing to me and I don't want her to be able to treat them this way. We have had to go to a hotel on many nights.

Vasoccer

The reply above told me to ask for temp orders giving you sole possession of the house. My lawyer said I don't have enough to file for divorce - yet! He told me to get a tape recorder. Great help!

moburkes

The reply above told me to ask for temp orders giving you sole possession of the house. My lawyer said I don't have enough to file for divorce - yet! He told me to get a tape recorder. Great help!
Temporary orders were between the time you file for divorce and the time you get it.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
YOu need to file for temp orders and if you don't have enough for divorce what about legal separation? Also if she is violent towards the children then you can get a restraining order removing her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">