• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hoping for annulment...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BastetZero

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

So, I have been with my wife for two years, and now I feel we are both about done with our marriage. And I am hoping we can just file for an annulment due to the fact we never consummated the marriage... what restrictions or repercutions should I expect from that and what should be my course of action. Also will I need an attorney?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

So, I have been with my wife for two years, and now I feel we are both about done with our marriage. And I am hoping we can just file for an annulment due to the fact we never consummated the marriage... what restrictions or repercutions should I expect from that and what should be my course of action. Also will I need an attorney?
Divorce is easier and cheaper in Florida.

Florida is very helpful to pro-se litigants; start here: http://www.flcourts.org/resources-and-services/family-courts/family-law-self-help-information/family-law-forms.stml

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">