• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

troys00

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I am legally separated living in the maritial home. I am trying to keep the home and agree to pay her half of the equity. Two appraisels were done, both different. Will the courts split the two and use that as the house value? If I do any improvements on the home between now and the time we finalize everything, is she entitled to half of the new value since it will probably increase? She has been out of the house for 9 months. Does she have any liabilities for taxes/insurance during this time? She is dragging her feet!

VeronicaGia

I would not make any improvements until this is over. Also, what is the value of the home according to the city or county that collects your taxes?

If she keeps dragging her feet, ask your attorney about asking the court to charge 1/2 the mortgage for all this time up until the divorce...I don't know if it will work, but it might make her move along.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">