• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House after seperation/divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

schmike17

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

My wife and I recently seperated. Her choice, it was just a misunderstanding to me. Anyway to the point after a week or so she told me she did not love me anymore and was gfoing to quit her job and moving back to her hometown with our girls. She does not want anything to do with the house. I cannot make a living on my wage with Child support, the mortgage, and living expenses. We are in joint ownership of the house. I am willing to give up the place as i do not need this big of place for a single guy, but with no notice of this happening and the way homes are selling right now I can not stay a float with or without child support. so my question is can she just walk away like that or is she liable for 50% of the mortgage. How do you go about getting this resolved. I know i can put the house on the market but it may take some time to sell. So Im seeking some advice as where to go from here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">