• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House in Mexico

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jonnywantoknow

I was divorced from a woman from mexico, we were married here in the USA, but lived in Mexico while I worked there. While we were married I purchased a house/condo in Mexico city. As a part of divorce agreement Ex wife got the house in Mexico.
The house in Mexico is still has my name on the deed and she refuses to do anything to help remove my name from it.
Besides me having to go to Mexico for a while to find a lawyer to help me go through the process, what else can I do.
I'm afraid she will not be able to pay the maintainence to the building and/or not pay the annual taxes and people will start looking to me for any paments.
Thanks, John in Illinois.

Jonnywantoknow

Yes, i knew nothing could be done stateside, was wondering ifthere are lawyers here in the states that deal with lawyer firms or such in mexico. Really dont know where to start.

LdiJ

Yes, i knew nothing could be done stateside, was wondering ifthere are lawyers here in the states that deal with lawyer firms or such in mexico. Really dont know where to start.
Maybe you should consider waiting to see how it goes. You could possibly end up paying more on attorney fees than you would save.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">