• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Household Goods in Storage Facility- Going through a divorce.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

martu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

Question. Can my spouse get rid of all of our household goods in a rented storage facility without any financial responsibility?

My spouse is threatening to stop paying rent on our storage facility which is currently housing all of our household goods. He lives in the town where the household goods are and recently because I was forced to leave I am living 20 hours away in another state. When I left, I could only take what I could fit in the car. I do not have a job or a permanent home right now.

Signed, abandoned military spouse.

nextwife

Why don't you make sure you get the payments made? Or arrange for your stuff to go into a facility in your name? That way you neenb't worry about whether he stops paying.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">