• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I find out if my ex spouse is employed again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

divorcedin01

When my Tennessee divorce was final in 2001 my spouse wasn't employed. She quit working shortly before our divorce. In the uncontested divorce agreement, I agreed to pay for 3 years of COBRA premiums, or until she obtained insurance from a new employer. I suspect she may have found a job, but I doubt she'll tell me she's employed again. She's been evasive on the subject. How can I find out legally if she's employed without following her or hiring a detective to tail her?

Thanks.

G

gooberitiz

is that in writing?

Most Cobra plans are a maximium of 18 months anyway. so who do you give the money to? I hope to the insurance company.

D

divorcedin01

Unfortunately, in a divorce situtation, the maximum amount of time is 3 years, and that was one of the things I agreed on to prevent it from being contested. The time limits were even listed in our benefits book. Everything is in writing in the agreement that was signed by the judge. I do make payments directly to the COBRA administrator and keep copies of the coupons and the checks I send. It is also in writing that she is to assume medical insurance through a new employer, but I have great insurance, and since most companies charge their employees a portion of the insurance premiums, she'll probably continue on COBRA to avoid the cost, legally or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">