• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How dare she

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mickey1jzEH6X

What is the name of your state? new york

I have a male friend that was married in the state of nj. He has sense moved on with his life in another state. He has tried to divorce his wife on more than one occasion but she doesn't want the divorce. They have been separated for 7 years she has a boyfriend and he has a girlfriend the children are in there early 20's. What can he do? and does he have to get the divorce in nj? His wife still lives there

Silverplum

He can file for divorce. He doesn't need her to "want" it.

I find your title laughable, by the way. Not funny, laughable.

How dare she
What is the name of your state? new york

I have a male friend that was married in the state of nj. He has sense moved on with his life in another state. He has tried to divorce his wife on more than one occasion but she doesn't want the divorce. They have been separated for 7 years she has a boyfriend and he has a girlfriend the children are in there early 20's. What can he do? and does he have to get the divorce in nj? His wife still lives there

mickey1jzEH6X

how dare she

He does have nys residency. I'm a little slow sometimes does that mean that he won't have a problem filing in ny. Question? can she still contest after all this time?

TinkerBelleLuvr

What is there to protest? Technically, since they are still married, they should either be filing their tax returns 'married, filing jointly' or 'married, filing separately'.

And, how has he been filing?

Gracie3787

He does have nys residency. I'm a little slow sometimes does that mean that he won't have a problem filing in ny. Question? can she still contest after all this time?
Yes, she has the right to contest the divorce, but it won't do any good. A court is NOT going to order a couple to stay married just because one of them doesn't 'want" the divorce.

Bali Hai

Yes, she has the right to contest the divorce, but it won't do any good. A court is NOT going to order a couple to stay married just because one of them doesn't 'want" the divorce.
That may be true in other states, BUT, it is NOT true in New York State!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">