• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to divorce two husbands

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mariakel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I married husband #1 in January 1985, in Oklahoma City, OK. Seperated in 1986, have had contact once in 1990, when he stated he was filing for divorce. Married husband #2 in February 1999, in Kansas City, KS. Seperated in 2001 and have had no contact since. Have recently talked to husband #1 and have found there was never a divorce. What is going to be the best way to dissolve both marriages.

seniorjudge

But I would strongly suggest getting a good attorney to handle it. This is definitely not a DIY project.

And pray that the second husband doesn't turn you in for bigamy.
And do NOT get married again till you have two judgments in your hot little hands saying you are a free woman.

tranquility

I double reiterate the advice to get an attorney. You do not want to do this yourself, especially since bigamy is a general intent crime. This means that by getting married again, you probably committed a felony.

Use an attorney. Be very careful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">