• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do i ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

selina1mt27

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ny

My ex husband and i were divorced in 2007. He used a do it yourself packet . Before the judge would sign the divorce, he instructed us to make an agreement regarding our home we owned . We agreed on $10,000 to be made in monthly payments of $200.00 .We agreed on a date of the month it was to be paid on as well . I have struggled for the last year and a half to get payments from him . He is now $900.00 behind ( 4 and a half months) and i want to get my money . I dont have the funds for a lawyer right now so i want to attempt to do this myself . What papers do i have to file? and what will happen thru this process? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ny

My ex husband and i were divorced in 2007. He used a do it yourself packet . Before the judge would sign the divorce, he instructed us to make an agreement regarding our home we owned . We agreed on $10,000 to be made in monthly payments of $200.00 .We agreed on a date of the month it was to be paid on as well . I have struggled for the last year and a half to get payments from him . He is now $900.00 behind ( 4 and a half months) and i want to get my money . I dont have the funds for a lawyer right now so i want to attempt to do this myself . What papers do i have to file? and what will happen thru this process? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks
You would file a Show Cause for Contempt motion, or something similarly worded. The forms should be available at the courthouse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">