• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I collect items awarded to me in divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seashellgreene

What is the name of your state? Utah

How do I collect the items, ie vehicles ATV's furniture etc. My Ex will not turn over these items and I am being told I have to hire another attorney to show cause, because it would be trespassing to go get them on his property.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Do you have a court order granting these items to you? If so contact the local police department and have them accompany you to go pick up your items. If that doesn't work then hightail it to the county courthouse where your divorce was filed and you can file a motion to show cause pro se.

seashellgreene

Hello, and thank you for getting back with me so quick. My divorce papers say "All other Personal Property" is awarded to me. It does not list specifically. The only items that were listed specifically was the house awarded to him, and the Durango to me as these were the only items that had loans on them. Everything else was paid free and clear and considered personal property, per my then attorney. Do I need an attorney to show cause? And also how do I specifically list the "personal property" if it was not specifially mentioned in the divorce? Can I pull title's from the courthouse showing the title is in his name?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">