• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do i divorce him?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetontweety77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO does anyone know how i can get a divorce cheap, free, ect. i am disabled, finally left the "man of my dreams" who verbally and emotionally abused me for ten years. Now i find myself in a financial hardship, unable to divorce him. he says he will fight a divorce, i believe ohio is a no fault state. however, he has all my belongings in the house we rented together for nine years. i just want my stuff, and i want rid of his name so i can try to go on. we already have a childsupport order. human services set it up when i applied for social security. however, i receive a grand total of two hundred and fourty eight dollars a month from ssi and that don't even pay my bills. i have to borrow money from my father every month to pay my rent. i am in such a financial fix. i am unable to work. however, i need to get out from under this mans grasp over me and try to pull my life back together. legal aid in my county is overbooked and will take a year to get around to me. i have searched online, only to run into brick wall after brick wall. thank you

oliveoyl

Cheap is not always the best option when it comes to finding an attorney (especically for a contested divorce). I've had to find this out from experience. I thought it to be a godsend when I found an attorney who would represent me for $500, as I am on a tight budget as well. I am now going on nearly 6 months for an uncontested divorce where there was no children/property, simply due to the lawyer's negligance.

But no matter who you go with, make sure you ask them about their divorce success rates. You could also try your local legal aid office as well.

Good luck!

mistoffolees

But no matter who you go with, make sure you ask them about their divorce success rates. You could also try your local legal aid office as well.
How would you measure divorce success rates? I would suspect that essentially 100% of most lawyer's clients eventually get divorced. I would also suspect that in a fairly large percentage of cases, BOTH parties think they got a bad deal - which makes customer satisfaction a questionable metric, as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">