• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I divorce by publication?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

[email protected]

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Florida

I've been married for almost three yrs, but my wife left me six months after we got married, we have no kids, nothing... I went to the courthouse, got the petition for divorce, now I just need some help filling it out, especially in some fields like, Finacial Affidavits..?? I do not know where she is... nor have any information about her anymore... How do I do that?
Thank you!

mistoffolees

Florida

I've been married for almost three yrs, but my wife left me six months after we got married, we have no kids, nothing... I went to the courthouse, got the petition for divorce, now I just need some help filling it out, especially in some fields like, Finacial Affidavits..?? I do not know where she is... nor have any information about her anymore... How do I do that?
Thank you!
Get an attorney to file for divorce by publication. It's not generally a DIY affair.

The good news is that there won't be endless challenges, so the cost should be reasonable.

Gracie3787

Florida

Thank you!
Read up on the laws and court rules:

Chapter 61 of the statutes: Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : flsenate.gov

Rules of civil procedure: FLORIDA RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE

Family law rules: Florida Family Law Rules

Forms and other info: Florida State Courts

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">