• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I file a counter suit to a suit of contemp for medical expensive& c support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thelegalsystem

How do I file a counter suit to a suit of contemp for medical expensive& c support?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I was served paper to appear in court for contempt, assocatated with children medical bills and child support.

I would like to file a counter suit on the ground of :
My ex-spouse is responsible for providing medical insurance for our children. He has refused to provide me with all EOB's (estimate of benifits) to prove was he is asking for is ligitamit, as I am order to pay half to the deductables.

Futhermore, the order states that he should provide me with the insurance cards or infomation. He as refused to give me the insurance infomation or card for the chillren. Even after I was refused flu medicine for two children from the local pharmacy because old insurance had been changed. He stated that he would pick up the meds when the return from the visit with me.

In additon he has refused to give me the title to the vehile that was awarded to me by the order. I have requested that he sign paper so I can obtain a dulplicate title and he has refuse.

In addition he was award the house we shared with both our name on it. I have requested that he refinance to remove my name and he has refused. This debt has prevent me from getting a morage loan?

Furthermore, he has interfered with by visitation rights on at least 3 occassions. He would simply not answer the phone when he needed to use my sons to help him drive or move, I would find out later that the went out of town on the weekend the were scheduled to be with me.

I ask him to let the children come with me one holiday weekend when my sister died and he just stated: "It's not your weekend."

Concerning the child support his lawyer says I am behind $496.00. I have cancelled checks showing I was paid up and paid an extra month (Janurary 2009) before they order payments deducted from my salary in the same month. I should be a month ahead based on this infomation.

Concerning the child medical bill. I requested through my divorce lawyer that my ex-spouse take out the additonal dental insurance of $50.00/month. ~ $600.00/year.
Either he did not take out the additional coverage of he will not give me the EOB on it. He says he as inccurred over 6,000.00 in mostley dental bills and he wants me to pay $3,200.06, the amount filed for contemp.

He had brace put on one child's teeth even though the braces serve no purpose because his 4 top front teeth are permantly chipped fractured and will not be replaced until he stop growing, which would be sometime after he turn 18 years of age.

Also he wishes for me to pay his lawyer fees. I acquire twoto three different llawyer during the divorce. The first became a judge shortly after the trial and could or did not finish the paperwork to finalize the divorce. Her husband istill practiced in that office and was ask by the judge to complete the proceedings but he was not motivated to do so, and the lawyer of of my ex was ask to write the decree based on a letter of specifcs from the judge. Of couse he wrote this decree in my ex' s favor. I after being summoned to court for change in child dupport and additonal money, I acquire a new lawyer to resolve all the issues of the divorce and to appear in court with me. He appeared court. He attemped to resolve some of the issues listed above, but we never obtain a court date to force the other party to comply. I have call him repeatly, but he will not return my calls, nor does his admin. assistance anwer the phone. so I am on my own.
How do I file a counter claim to resolve these divorce decree issues?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">