• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I find our if my husband is a bigamist?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Boomared

My husband and I were married in Ohio in 1990. We moved to Colorado in 1992 and separated in March 1993. It was not a legal separation. I have had no contact with him since August 1993. I currently reside in Colorado and would like to buy a home. I think he is living in Ohio and rumor has it he has been married twice since I last saw him. Will I need to obtain a divorce if I find he has subsequently married albeit illegally(bigamy)? How can I find out if he has divorced me or married someone else? What legal issues do I face if I am able to buy a home without dissolving my marriage? And how do I do all this without expensive legal fees or investigative fees? Thanks!

H

HumorMe!

To be safe, if you can't hold a copy of the divorce decree in your hand, you need to file for divorce. Sorry, can't help you with the investigation part.

hm

MISDIAGNOSIS

A husband stepped on one of those penny scales that tell you your fortune and weight and dropped in a coin.

"Listen to this," he said to his wife, showing her a small, white card. "It says I'm energetic, bright, resourceful and a great lover."

"Yeah," his wife nodded, "and it has your weight wrong, too."

MARRIAGE - A Husband's Viewpoint

1. Marriage is not a word. It is a sentence (A life sentence !!!)

2. Marriage is very much like a violin; after the sweet music is over the
strings are attached.

3. Marriage is love. Love is blind. Marriage is an institution. Therefore
marriage is an institution for the blind.

4. Marriage is an institution in which a man loses his Bachelor's Degree
and the woman gets her Masters.

5. Marriage requires a man to prepare 5 types of "RINGS" :
a) The Engagement Ring
b) The Wedding Ring
c) The SuffeRing
d) The EnduRing
e) The TortuRing

STILL LOVE ME?

Milton came into his wife's room one day. "If I were, say, disfigured, would you still love me," he asked her.

"Darling, I'll always love you," she said calmly, filing her nails.

"How about if I became impotent, couldn't make love to you any more?" he asked anxiously.

"Don't worry, darling, I'll always love you," she told him, buffing her nails.

"Well, how about if I lost my job as vice president?" Milton went on, if I weren't pulling in six figures any more. Would you still love me then?"

The woman looked over at her husband's worried face. "Milton, I'll always love you," she reassured him, "but most of all, I'll really miss you."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">