• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do i find out if im still married

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ed Smith

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
i have not seen or heard from my wife in 8 years, and dont know where she may even be.How would i find out if she divorced me when i was out of the country, or if she is even still alive?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
i have not seen or heard from my wife in 8 years, and dont know where she may even be.How would i find out if she divorced me when i was out of the country, or if she is even still alive?
Contact her family, for starters. If that yields no results, then you could try some online people searches. You may have to pay for a more in depth search. Once you find her, you can ask her about any divorce.

Farfalla

YOu can also do a public records search in places where she might have gotten a divorce... where you used to live as a couple, last place she lived, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">