• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I fire my attorney, represent myself and do I have to pay these attorneys bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: How do I fire my attorney, represent myself and do I have to pay these attorneys bill

summerinca said:
California

"Re: How do I fire my attorney, represent myself and do I have to pay these attorneys bill"

===========================================

My response:

You call your attorney and inform the attorney to immediately cease all representation on your file, and to prepare a "Substitution of Attorney" form; that you'll be picking up your file, and will sign the "Substitution" when you get your file.

In the absence of factual information as to why you shouldn't pay, then yes, you have to pay. You have a contract. Bring your checkbook to close out your account.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">