• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Do I get Rid of or change Minors counsel?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SuccessfulOne

What is the name of your state? California
How can I change or get rid of Minor's court appointed counsel. He has no interest in my childs "best interest". And often makes comments that he like getting paid for being minor's counsel. He doesnt even know my child.

seniorjudge

SuccessfulOne said:
How can I change or get rid of Minor's court appointed counsel. He has no interest in my childs "best interest". And often makes comments that he like getting paid for being minor's counsel. He doesnt even know my child.
Petition the court for a change.

You will have to give FACTS on why you think he does not have the best interests of the child.

For example, "And often makes comments that he like getting paid for being minor's counsel" is totally irrelevant.

rmet4nzkx

SuccessfulOne said:
Here is your previous thread which is confusing re CA law and I have a feeling that your account may not be accurate and that you are not geting your way in all things and preceiving that as the Minor's counsel not doing their job.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=297419
SuccessfulOne said:
What is the name of your state?
California

A motion for "dissolution-custody-visitation" was filed by my ex husband, he won by default. Before the default was entered, I found out that he filed for full custody, spousal support, etc.. but i was served with joint custody papers so I filed a motion to set aside default and it was granted due to "fraud". He was convicted and sentenced to sum**** probation.

He then filed for custody and visitation and was awarded monitored visitation 2 hours a week. I was given a 3 year restraining order protecting me and the minor child from him with an exception for supervised visitation. The petitioner verbally requested that we get a divorce and that the courts make the divorce date "retroactive" to 2003 because he was remarried in that year. The judge said she could not retroact the date because the judgement was never entered and that I needed to "bring the dissolution to the courts attention by filing the proper paperwork". What is the paperwork needed to bring it to the courts attention and When I file it, does my title change from "respondent" to "petitioner"?
There are too few facts presented in your two threads. If the reason for appointing the minor's counsel is past there may be no reason to continue an ongoing relaitonship, it is not Big Brothers/Sisters. Contact the Family Law Faciliator's office of your county Superior Court and consult the Local Rules to find the procedure to such a change.

SuccessfulOne

Minors Counsel..

Thx. Counsel was appointed because the parents cant agree on anything when it comes to the child. However I am not sure what counsels responsibilities are because he doesnt do anything. He hasnt even met my daughter. I understand that he is supposed to have her best interest but I dont see how he can if he doesnt know her, and doesn't speak up for her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">